Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My Business Story and How I Can Help You With Internet Marketing

I have been a web writer now for about seven years. I came across the "writing opportunity" one day when I was searching the Internet for work-from-home jobs. I was burning out on the "corporate world" and I needed a change of pace. I was actually looking for bookkeeping jobs when I ran across a writing job which spurred my thoughts to lost dreams.

When I was growing up, I loved to write. I didn't figure that writing was a substantial career, so the career of my dreams was to become a lawyer. Instead of going to law school, I got married right out of high school and going off to college just wasn't an option. So, I settled for a degree that I could get from my location -- Business Administration. I actually started out with accounting, but it didn't take long before I realized that I actually despise working with numbers.

I started working in banking industry when I was 19 years old. I love banking and the various challenges that the career presents. My favorite job was at First United Bank in Lubbock, Texas. I was the Loan Administration Manager and Compliance Coordinator. I absolutely loved my job and the people that I worked with. Much to my dismay, my husband decided to "move back home" to Carlsbad, New Mexico. Going to work in banking would mean a drastic pay-cut for me, so I chose to work in accounting. I was always looking for an out, but in this community career options are somewhat limited.


I was excited about the opportunity of writing for a living and the internet made it possible to work from home. I started my internet writing business part-time in 2001.

Every day I went home from my full-time job for lunch and bid on projects. I stayed up late at night doing the work.

In 2002, I was working for a public charter school as a Business Manager. It was a very stressful job and it was quite overbearing. Over the Christmas holiday, I got really involved in my writing business and I was dreading going back to work in January. In one day, I decided that I wasn't going to work in a place that made me miserable. I turned in my resignation and from then until now, I have been working my internet writing business full-time. I absolutely love it!

Freelance boards have been my source of getting clients throughout the history of my business. Placing bid after bid takes a lot of time and since the job boards got popular; the award rate is very low. To top it off, competition consists of several providers from overseas that will work for practically nothing. Their ability to write in American English may be limited, but for some reason American buyers expect American providers to compete with them in price. Honestly, I can't survive on $2 per page.

Due to the condition of freelance job boards, I have changed my target market. I don't want to work for people who don't appreciate talent and aren't willing to pay for quality work. It is my desire to attract clients that are concerned about high-quality writing, are opposed to plagiarism, and are willing to pay a reasonable price for my work.

My rates are actually on the "low-end" of prices charged by American writers that provide high-quality, original writing. It is my intention to provide material that will help entrepreneurs to build and grow their internet-based businesses at an affordable price. I combine my business acumen, my writing gift and my excellent research skills to make a difference for my clients.

In order to help internet entrepreneurs and to attract clients, I recently opened a new website: http://www.website-content-providers.com/ .

  • The website is full of reliable information about internet marketing

  • My services are featured on the website

  • I plan to send out monthly newsletters in an effort to help interested parties keep up with internet marketing and special deals that they will be benefit from

  • The website contains a blog that is updated frequently and it is available as a RSS feed

If you are in need of internet marketing information, high-quality writing services in American English or business consulting in relation to internet marketing, please check out this website. Use the "Contact Us" form to request a free consultation. Be sure to sign up for the newsletter and to subscribe to the blog. You will find Website Content Providers to be an excellent, reliable resource for your internet business.

Free photos for websites - FreeDigitalPhotos.net









No comments: